Thursday, August 7, 2008

Billy Madison

So we’ve started helping out at the local schools (and by helping out, I mean being helped out (to learn Spanish (from, in my case, 2nd graders))). Basically, every day I go to school I feel more and more like Billy Madison (it’s gotten to the point where the kids will ask me why I’m not doing the homework (I tell them it’s because I already have all the answers to check their work with)). At the same time, I feel like some sort of freak show (“The Amazing Gringo”) as kids will stare at me and then quickly turn around when I ask them what’s going. It is fun playing with the kids, but their favorite game is chase the gringo (basically what it sounds like). If nothing else, I should be able to talk as good as a 2nd grader by the time I’m done here.

1 comment:

callelajolla said...

Hola primo Sean,
Te gusta su casa nueva mucha? Sus experiencias parecen muy suaves e interesantes. Cuantos anos de espanol has tomado hasta ahora? Me gustaria viajar a un pais espanola en la futura tambien, para mejorar mi espanol y ver el mundo en una perspectiva diferente.
Paz, Sarah