Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lago Yojoa

Instead of writing too much about Lago Yojoa, I’ll let the picture do most of the talking for me. Needless to say, this place was (and still is) beautiful. We camped out next to a river for a couple days, cooked food over the coals from the fire (how rustic we’ve become), and explored the area as much as we could.







The lake itself was clearly spectacular. We rented some kayaks and took full advantage of the sights that were before us. As usual, Joe was being an idiot and ruined every picture that was taken of yours truly.






The Pulhapanzak Falls, pretty much one of the sweetest things I’ve ever experienced in my life. Looking at it from this picture, I’m sure you can appreciate the beauty of these falls, but believe me when I say that you gain a much deeper appreciation for its majesty when you’re looking up at it from (literally) beneath the falls. For $5 a pop, we were given a complete tour of the falls complete with an opportunity to jump off 8 meter (not feet) cliffs. It’s hard to see much when you’re being pounded by rapidly falling water (though I’ve never been caught in a snow storm or dense fog, I would most liken it to either of those experiences as at times I couldn’t even see my own hands in front of me)), but suddenly and inexplicably these torrents would let up, leaving you with a view from within a waterfall which truly took your breath away. Best $5 I ever spent.

Hopefully I’ve at least helped a few of you to consider traveling south to see these sights and more.

No comments: