Monday, September 22, 2008

Fùtbol

While dreams of being the next Brian McBride may be a bit far off, I’ve become at least moderately competent at playing soccer with some of the locals. While my best guess would put my skill level at about the age of a local 12 or 13 year-old, I somehow manage to hang with a group of local kids my same age (this is largely accomplished by equally distributing the gringos on each team, and then eventually putting one of us in goal so the team as a whole can have better offensive/defensive pressure (but much worse goal-stopping ability(though I’m actually not that bad of a goalie, minus whenever this one kid (named Cheeky) who plays on the feeder team for the Honduras national team (think world cup) decides to take a shot at me (honestly, I close my eyes whenever put in this situation)))). My stats so far:

Goals: 9
Assists: 6
Saves: 8

1 comment:

A Man With No Clue said...

Soccer....soccer...Colorado....soccer....